What approach would you take to relate with these girls?

Home page Forums Approach Forum What approach would you take to relate with these girls?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SomeguyUK
    Participant

So I’m living in a small spanish city now. I usually go to the big city an hour away to try and meet women, as it’s a lot more metropolitan and interesting.

However, I’d also like to meet some women in the small city I live in. But I don’t want to take a shotgun ‘direct’ approach to meeting women in the small city I live in. I already stand out a lot as a foreigner, and I don’t want to risk a bad reputation.

The problem is that I don’t find an easy way ‘in’ with my usual openers.

In big cities, I tend to look for women who wear something interesting, and then I make cold reads with it. But here 98% of the girls are totally generic in their style, there’s nothing interesting to comment on.

Also most women there are from there. So the usual ‘I hear a bit of an accent’ doesn’t go anywhere. They don’t have some story about why they moved.

There’s also not a great deal of stuff in this city. Mostly it’s a bunch of shops, bars, mediocre restaurants and a park. So not much to ask them about in terms of directions or recommendations. (although I sometimes ask if they know where there’s a pharmacy or piercing shop).

If I see a girl reading or something, I’ll ask her about the book. But 90% of the time I see these beautiful girls, they are just outside sitting on benches, alone or in groups.

So how can I create a conversation with these generic-seeming girls who usually have no life story, aren’t doing anything interesting, and have nothing visual to comment on?

(I can speak their language well enough)

I know Lee’s ‘deep thoughts’ opener is pretty all-purpose, but it just doesn’t seem to work for me for some reason.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by SomeguyUK.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by SomeguyUK.
    SomeguyUK
    Participant

After playing around with a few things, I have found a solution to this.

I sit down and ask them to help me spell a word on my phone. This is totally congruent with the fact that I am obviously a foreigner.

Then I ask them for their opinion: do you think it’s OK to break up with someone by text?

(I then follow up with a story about how I’m dating this girl and just found out she has a boyfriend)

So far it seems to work well. They seem to like the drama of it all.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by SomeguyUK.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.