Drive by

Home page Forums Approach Forum Drive by

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Uboot 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Uboot
    Participant

So I had this situation lately that I wanted to run by you guys. Actually, the question is two-fold.

The general scenario is that occasionally as I drive out of work I see this girl walking in opposite direction from the bus. We locked eyes a couple of time. The steet is a quiet residential type.
    How do I make a move? If I hit the breaks when I see her she’ll be terrified (and I may end up being rear ended). If I pull over ahead of time and wait there she’ll get creeped out. I can’t really ask for direction as she saw me there a few times, plus leaning over the passenger seat is not the most comfortable position. I thought of walking out of work for an off chance of bumping into her but the ROI seems very low and looks desperate. Ideas from positioning masters? I find natural positioning a major part of the challenge. Like, chasing girl rapidly shopping between the store isles and making it look like I am after the exact same products:)

The second part of the question has to do with mechanics of pickup. Lee mentioned that he can make a move mid sentence while talking to someone else. For me making the connection between realizing that I like a girl, the general circumstance and what to say takes way too long, as I mentioned in my previous post. What are the mechanics of that rapid fire so I know what to concentrate on? I am guessing experience, but what else?

Uboot
    Participant

Do you guys have any videos from the missions that you were on? I would kill to see Eric or Lee in real action.

Eric Disco
    Keymaster

> I find natural positioning a major part of the challenge.

When you get good at this stuff, this ends up being really the only challenge. In many ways, logistics is where the game is played. What you say, how you say, how you respond, etc. is all fairly easy compared to positioning in a natural way that is comfortable for her.

The situation you described is a big conundrum. I don’t have any experience with driving and seeing someone walking, so I can’t give you any advice on that particular experience. But I will say this: you’d be surprised what works. Try some stuff out and see what happens. And if you do find something that works, now you will forever have a strategy any time that situation comes up. Well worth the risk. I do that all the time in unfamiliar situations. It’s the only way to learn.

My advice would be that next time you see her, if she doesn’t see you, drive past a little ways, park your car and get out and walk in her direction. Hopefully you can do all of that without her seeing. Then just ‘happen’ to walk by her and open her.

What’s your excuse for walking rather than driving? Meh. Doesn’t really matter too much. You can say that you wanted take a walk because the weather is nice, etc. You’d be surprised what excuses work. If you’re comfortable with it, typically she is comfortable with it.

> Like, chasing girl rapidly shopping between the store isles and making it look like I am after the exact same products:)

This is a tough one. If the girl is constantly on the move, it’s tricky to position. You could simply try a compliment as she walks by.

> What are the mechanics of that rapid fire so I know what to concentrate on?

I don’t understand what you’re referring to here.

Eric

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Eric Disco.

Uboot
    Participant

Thanks Eric. I know New York is much more pedestrian friendly than most NA cities. I think I may have to go bold. I think I will pull over when I see her in the distance and pop the hood when she walks by…ask her something. Than I’ll just say that the car was fine and I just wanted to talk to her. She is either going to see humor in this theater or I will crush and burn. I’ll report back.

What I was referring to at the end was that you guys seem to be able to come up with a witty, site specific reaction to seeing someone attractive very quickly – mid sentence as Lee said once. On several occasions I also heard that thinking was an enemy. For me it takes a couple of seconds too long to realize that I like her, where we are, what she’s wearing and other circumstances that might matter to come up with a sensible angle.

So what is the process in your head? It is that you pick a set based on experience or you just have enough experience to open your mouth and have faith that what comes out makes some sort of sense.

I am an introvert so I tend to move around in my own bubble. When I am out of the bubble I can be very effective but get depleted of energy quickly. There is no way I would have enough energy for 5 or 6 approaches a day. I get sort of ‘done’ with girls after a couple unless someone really intrigues me.

Enough about me. Thanks again for quick response. Your and Lee’s approach really resonates with me. I hope to join you for some training in future.

Uboot
    Participant

Hey,
    So there is finally a development to my drive by girl. I ended up pulling over and pretend to work in the car while waiting for her to appear in the distance. I had the lights on in the car, so she could see me as it is dusk now around the time she walks home. Headlights on and engine running.

As soon she approached the front of the car I dropped the pretend phonecall got out at said ‘Hi’ with an upbeat voice. She looked at me and smiled sincerely but didn’t stop. I continued getting out turned with her and said “hey I just wanted to say hello as I keep seeing you here” During all this the car is unfortunately still between us. She put her head down and screened me with long thick hair. I read it as avoidance so I let her be. I didn’t want to chase after her as she did not even slow down. I got back in the car and continued my pretend work so she could see me sticking around in case she looked back.

So that is that. Not great, not terrible – at least I took a shot and know what happened. I think, looking back the key was to get her to stop but it would have to be fairly aggressive. She definitely likes me, but she is either extra shy, not used to approaches, taken by surprise or maybe just too young and she knows it. So many unknowns.
    The whole think took like 5 sec so not much to go on. Looking for some input, assessment, guideline or anything from the veterans.
    Moving forward, I think I will wave at her as I drive by to keep it positive and show genuine interest but I doubt she is going to anything about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.