Reply To: Accountability on doing the 6 steps

Home page Forums Approach Forum Accountability on doing the 6 steps Reply To: Accountability on doing the 6 steps

SomeguyUK
Participant

By the way, I also don’t agree with Pilinsky’s assessment.

I know plenty of guys who have done well with women, who aren’t afraid to be vulnerable. But who would still freeze when it comes to approaching a girl who is showing them interest.

Personally, if I hadn’t approached a girl in a long time, I would be the same. I would freeze, even if the girl was blowing kisses at me. That is how approach anxiety works.

Our minds want to make sense of things. We want to explain away these feelings and we start telling ourself stories about our childhood and how we’re afraid of rejection etc.

I don’t think it helps. In fact, I think it causes you to create a self-image that works against you. If you see yourself as a victim, you will act like one.

Just embrace the feeling and stop trying to label it or understand it. The way to overcome it is just by being brave.

The big change happens when you start saying stuff to girls and they like it. Believe me, when that happens you will see your sexuality as a good thing. And it’s much, much easier than you think.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by SomeguyUK.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by SomeguyUK.