Reply To: How to get out?

Home page Forums Approach Forum How to get out? Reply To: How to get out?

-Humz-
Participant

Eric,

Wow, that was medicine. Honestly, thank you.

I was on the phone with her yesterday and the conversation went silent for literally 3 mins straight. I had to end the call. My body’s fully rejecting her now.

I have a couple of questions, about physical separation and timing.

1) I can’t physically separate from her, we will be seeing each other every day, and I can’t help that. I’m gonna follow your advice and tell her we can try to work on a friendship but only after some time have passed; and after our feelings simmer down a bit. In terms of daily interaction, I was thinking a basic “hi, how are you?” and small talk for the sake of our history together (I just don’t want her to really tell me how she is.. yikes). I think ignoring her fully isn’t very humane, no?

2) In your article you mentioned timing is key. I wanna try to minimize damage to her life and especially her school (It’s amazing how right you are when you say I still care for this girl.. it’s so true). This is our final year and we both have to be focused. Knowing this girl, it will take her many weeks to get over me (sorry for sounding cocky, it’s not my intention, but i’m sure you’ve experienced these types of relationships).

School starts this Tuesday, and time is running out. She already wants to group up for many class projects, including a capstone project that will last both semesters. I know I can’t be in a group with her, our feelings will make these projects impossible to navigate.

Eric, Thank you so much for taking the time, man. I am eternally grateful.

Cheers,
Humz